HJOj_SKjmQIGQwfbde_0DpO42c0 That Drawer in the Kitchen: Just the Eggs Ma'am

Friday, April 18, 2014

Just the Eggs Ma'am

Purchasing two dozen eggs at the supermarket is something that ought to be quick and simple.

Unfortunately I had forgotten the idiotprufs first rule of waiting: regardless of whatever line, queue, lane, or number taking method being used to make people wait, the line I happen to choose, will come to a screeching, flaming, imploding halt.

Just as it did this day:

Cashier: Did you check the eggs to make sure they're not broken?

Me: Yes I did.
Cashier: You have to check them individually.

Me: I already...(I look up from my wallet to find her individually checking every egg.)...did that.

Cashier: Men never check the eggs.

Me: I don't necessarily think that's true.

Cashier: Yes it is. (She moves on to the second dozen.) What are you going to do with these eggs?

Me: Well, I saw police car in front of the store, and thought it would be cool to get my name in the paper.

Cashier: (stops checking the eggs and stares at me with suspicion.) I can't sell these eggs to you if you're going to throw them at a police car.

Me: That was just a joke.

Cashier: So what are going to do with them?

Me: Just normal egg things.

Cashier: Such as?

Click here to find out if I got the eggs...

No comments:

Post a Comment